- Each student must submit a brief monthly report summarizing mentorship activities and listing the number of hours accrued for that month. These monthly reports represent 33% of the student’s grade.
- Mentor must submit a brief monthly evaluation of the student’s progress and attest to the hours worked.
- After the required hours are completed, student will write a comprehensive paper in APA format about the experience. This paper represents 33% of the grade.
- The Mentor completes a final comprehensive evaluation of the student’s performance. This evaluation represents 33% of the student’s grade.
- The Mentorship Advisor conducts an oral interview with the student via phone. This interview represents 1% of the student’s grade.
- At some point during the mentorship, the student must submit a photo of him/herself and the mentor together. Some type of action photo is preferred.
- The four grades mentioned above are added together for the final grade. However, grades are recorded as pass/fail.
- Student must complete the end-of-course survey. Failure to complete survey results in the grade being withheld until the survey is completed.
Guidelines For Writing The Final Mentorship Paper
- The paper should be approximately 12-20 pages in length, formatted according to APA rules.
- Correct spelling, formatting, and grammar usage are expected.
- The student must provide details of how each learning objective was achieved, or if a learning objective was not achieved, an explanation of why not.
- The student must provide an analysis of whether the mentorship prepared him/her for future employment and if so, how.