Congratulations on taking your first step
toward a career in the $400 billion sports industry!
Thank you for your interest in the United States Sports Academy’s Bachelor of Sports Science (B.S.S.) degree. The Academy is the nation’s premier sports-centered higher education institution. We are fully online and regionally-accredited. You can apply at any time, be accepted at any time, and begin your course work at any time of the year. You can even do your course work at a time that works best for you; no need to rearrange your busy schedule to earn your degree.
All Academy undergraduate degrees are upper-division programs. Student will complete 60 lower-division semester hours (however, the flexibility of the Academy’s B.S.S. program allows students to start with as few as 30 semester hours or as many as 90 semester hours) and 60 upper-division sport-specific semester hours to obtain the B.S.S. degree. The degree is offered in four majors: Sports Management, Sports Coaching, Sports Studies, and Sports Strength and Conditioning. If you’re matriculating from a junior or community college with less than 60 semester hours toward your associate degree, there may be an opportunity for “reverse transfer” wherein the courses you take at the Academy may fill electives at your junior college to get you close to your associate degree.
To begin your studies as a B.S.S. student, you must have first successfully completed a minimum of 30 credit hours of college courses. If you are lacking these credits, please call (251) 626-3303 and ask for Admissions or email email@example.com for options on how to attain these credits quickly, easily, and – perhaps most importantly – inexpensively. All course materials (textbooks and/or e-textbooks) and testing services are conveniently included in your tuition and fees.
So, how can you get started? A summary of the undergraduate admissions requirements are below, but more detailed information about each of these can be found here.
- Your application and application fee.
- Your personal statement (300-400 words) in a Word document explaining why you want to pursue the degree and how it will help you in your career. Send this as an attachment to an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We will need official transcripts from every college and university that you have attended sent to us, regardless of the number of classes taken, and whether a degree was earned or not. They can be sent electronically from your school(s) to email@example.com or they can be mailed to:
United States Sports Academy
ATTN: Admissions – Transcripts
One Academy Drive
Daphne, AL 36526-7055
- A jpeg-formatted color head and shoulders picture for your student ID sent as an attachment to an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are planning on using financial aid, make sure to complete your FAFSA and list the Academy as the recipient by using code 021706 on the form. If you have any questions about financial aid, veteran’s benefits, or tuition assistance, ask our friendly financial aid officers at email@example.com. Scholarship information is available to determine if you qualify for FREE money!
For further assistance, please contact Admissions by calling toll free (800) 223-2668 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• All courses are available online for degree-seeking and non-degree-seeking students so students can complete their studies at any time and any place.
• Our students are part of a global sports community with members in all 50 U.S states and 14 other countries.
•The United States Sports Academy accepts students regardless ofrace, religion, age, gender, disability or national origin.