Bachelor of Sports Science
Sports Strength & Conditioning
Ignite your passion with a degree in strength and conditioning informed by science!
Do you know the difference between an athletic trainer and a sports strength and conditioning specialist?
Athletic trainers assess athletes’ injuries, guide them through rehabilitation, and evaluate their progress. Sports strength and conditioning specialists leverage scientific knowledge to improve performance. As a strength and conditioning professional, you’ll combine strength training, aerobic conditioning, and other science-based methods to help athletes achieve their goals.
The United States Sports Academy’s Bachelor of Sports Science (B.S.S.) degree in strength and conditioning will prepare you for the sports field. In our strength training and conditioning program, you’ll focus on athlete health, injury prevention, and the improvement of athletic performance.
You will develop the skills to be successful working in a commercial, collegiate, or professional environment. You’ll also be fully prepared to further your education in a master’s-level sports discipline.
Earn your degree from the sports education leader.
By enrolling in the Academy’s sports strength and conditioning program, you will develop the skills to work with any individual, team, or organization. Earning our Bachelor of Sports Science Sports Strength and Conditioning degree means you’ll learn science-backed concepts from industry professionals. You’ll also be able to take advantage of the many other elements that make our programs stand out:
- Online or in-person program. All B.S.S. Sports Strength and Conditioning degree courses are online, giving you the flexibility to pursue your education at places and times most convenient for you. Beginning in fall 2023, this program will also be taught in an in-person format on the Academy campus.
- National certification preparation. With our degree in strength and conditioning, you will be prepared for national certification exams from the American College of Sports Medicine and the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA).
- Nationally endorsed. This degree is endorsed by the NSCA Education Recognition Program, which recognizes and distinguishes approved and standardized strength and conditioning curriculum.
- Hands-on internships. As part of your strength and conditioning degree, you will be placed in internships that enhance in-class learning and give you experience working with real athletes.
- Ranked top 10. The Academy’s online bachelor degree programs are ranked in the top 10 online sports degree programs by a recent U.S. News & World Report.
Design your premium sports degree.
The strength and conditioning knowledge required for sports professionals is highly valued. Preparing yourself with a B.S.S. Sports Strength and Conditioning degree will help you design your sports career.
Among the many options are:
- Strength and conditioning directors in public/private schools, colleges, and universities
- Fitness and training roles in the private sector
- Exercise physiologist
- Sports administrator
- Sports coach
- Sports development officer
Everything you need to launch a sports career.
Your United States Sports Academy B.S.S. in Sports Strength and Conditioning will teach you every aspect related to sports performance.
Sports Strength & Conditioning Curriculum
- Contemporary Issues in Sports
- Ethics in Sports
- Organization & Management in Sports
- Leadership Principles in Sports
- Technology in Sports
- Applied Sports Performance
- Sports Medicine
- Sports Nutrition
- Exercise Physiology
- Personal Training
- Sports Strength & Conditioning
- Exercise Testing and Prescription
- Sports Marketing
- Professional Examination Preparation
- Sports Strength & Conditioning
- Sports Officiating
- History of Sports
- Psychology of Sports
- Scientific Principles of Human Performance
- Legal Concepts in Sports
- Fundraising in Sports
- Public Relations in Sports
- Sports Facilities Management
Research Core Courses
- Statistical Methods in Sports
- Senior Research Project
Your degree in sports strength and conditioning is affordable!
Since we don’t require a residency, an Academy B.S.S. Sports Strength and Conditioning degree is easily accessible.
In addition to reasonable per-credit fees, financial assistance is available to those who qualify to help you finance your sports strength and conditioning degree. And, since we are committed to those who serve, we offer special rates if you are a veteran or active military member.
Explore the Academy’s other programs related to the bachelor’s degree in strength and conditioning.
A degree in strength and conditioning can open doors to the sports world, but maybe you’d like to explore other options. Other accredited bachelor’s degrees that may interest you include:
Ready to hit a home run?
Apply to the United States Sports Academy’s strength and conditioning program today! Move closer to a fulfilling career helping athletes reach peak performance.