Back to: Consumer Information
Abusive sexual conduct by anyone is a threat to the entire USSA community. All students who believe another individual has personally violated them in a sexual manner should immediately report the incident to the Title IX/Coordinator, USSA Dean of Administration and Finance, any other member of the senior management team at USSA, and/or to local police.
Students are strongly encouraged to report all incidents that threaten the student’s continued well-being, safety, or security. University personnel will assist the student in notifying authorities, if requested.
Reporting sexual misconduct helps:
- Protect the victim and others from future harm.
- Apprehend the alleged assailant.
- Maintain future options regarding persecution.
- Disciplinary action, criminal, and/or civil action against the perpetrator.
If you are raped or sexually assaulted:
- Go to a safe place. Think safety first.
- Preserve evidence. Do not bathe, shower, douche, change clothes or straighten up the crime scene.
- Contact someone who can help. The policy, Campus safety officer, a friend, campus staff or faculty.
- Seek medical attention at a hospital emergency room:
- To assess and treat any physical injuries.
- To determine the risk of sexually transmitted infections or pregnancy and to take appropriate measures.
- To collect evidence.
Confidential support resources can be found in the Confidentiality Policy as well as the USSA Student Catalogs.
Title IX/SaVE Coordinator of USSA:
Dr. Vince Nix
Mailing Address: 1 Academy Drive, Daphne, AL 36526
Other Members of Senior Management Team:
Ms. Holly McLellan, Dean of Administration and Finance
Phone: 251-626-3303, ext. 7223
Response and Reporting
Whenever a report or complaint is filed, USSA will inform of the options for action. Please see the Sexual Misconduct Policy in the USSA Academic Catalogs for more information. Regardless of whether a victim files a formal complaint or requests action, USSA will conduct a prompt, impartial, and thorough investigation and take steps to resolve.
All allegations of a violation of the Sexual Misconduct Policy will be referred to the Title IX Coordinator of USSA at titleIX@ussa.edu.