Take your sports related career to the next level with the Academy’s
Doctor of Education in Sports Management!
Whether you are looking to advance in higher education or interested in achieving a leadership position within the growing sport industry, a Doctor of Education (Ed.D.) in Sports Management from the United States Sports Academy will help you develop the leadership, research, critical thinking, and teaching skills to prepare you for a wide range of career paths in sports-related industries.
The Academy’s doctoral degree is designed to prepare students for careers in the upper reaches of the sport profession and higher education. Recent graduates have secured appointments as faculty members in collegiate sport management programs and sport administration positions in sport organizations at all levels: professional, collegiate, associations and federations, or as sport entrepreneurs.
The Academy’s Ed.D. is a 66 semester hour program. The curriculum is designed to enable recent master’s degree graduates, working professionals and sports enthusiasts to achieve their personal, educational and professional objectives. The program is flexible and provides meaningful educational and technical preparation. Courses are offered online so that students can conveniently take courses at any time and from anywhere. Students can also enroll and start their studies any time. The Academy’s tuition is reasonable and highly competitive. All course materials (textbooks and/or e-textbooks) and testing services are conveniently included in your tuition and fees.
So, how can you get started? A summary of the admissions requirements are below, but more detailed information about each of these can be found here.
- Your application and application fee.
- Three recommendation forms and the FERPA Release.
- A Qualifying Essay in narrative form. This essay must be well organized and include a brief biographical sketch; and an explanation of why you want to enter the Academy’s doctoral degree program. Send this as an attachment to an email to email@example.com.
- We will need official transcripts from every college and university that you have attended sent to us, regardless of the number of classes taken, and whether a degree was earned or not. They can be sent electronically from your school(s) to firstname.lastname@example.org or they can be mailed to:
United States Sports Academy
ATTN: Admissions – Transcripts
One Academy Drive
Daphne, AL 36526-7055
- A jpeg-formatted color head and shoulders picture for your student ID sent as an attachment to an email to email@example.com.
If you are planning on using financial aid, make sure to complete your FAFSA and list the Academy as the recipient by using code 021706 on the form. If you have any questions about financial aid, veteran’s benefits, or tuition assistance, ask our friendly financial aid officers at firstname.lastname@example.org. Scholarship information is available to determine if you qualify for FREE money!
For further assistance, please contact Admissions by calling toll free (800) 223-2668 or by email at email@example.com.
Financial Aid Request Info
• Our students are part of a global sports community with members in all 50 U.S states and 14 other countries.
•The United States Sports Academy accepts students regardless ofrace, religion, age, gender, disability or national origin.