The United States Sports Academy is seeking an experienced Director of Technology. This position provides operational leadership, direction, and administration to the various components of the Academy’s technology resources and staff. The Director of Technology maintains all aspects of the Academy’s Network and Web Development needs, installs, implements and troubleshoots all hardware, software and related services. Such person will be responsible for user accounts, access rights and overall network security. They will provides technical support to users, maintain the Academy’s phone system; maintains complete confidentiality at all times. Follows compliance standard and government regulations such as PCI and FERPA.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF POSITION:
- Leads all facets of design, development and testing of web applications in a fast paced environment.
- Work with senior management to develop a roadmap for new site features.
- Manage day-to-day web development efforts from conception, design, implementation and launch.
- Run the operations and configuration management for the Academy’s sites.
- Ensure high performance and up-time for web applications and systems.
- Ensure the right resources are in place to achieve the Academy’s goals: internal, contractors, vendors.
- Establish and ensure high design and technical standards for work.
- Responsible for the Academy’s network infrastructure, including: cabling, routers, switches and wireless access points; fiber links; Servers (Windows and Linux) and workstations.
- Assumes the administrative function for the following: Active Directory; Google Apps for Education; Atriuum – Library’s Online Card Catalog; EzProxy – Library’s Resource Database Proxy Server.
- Evaluates and implements (with proper approval from the Academy’s committee structure) all new software and software upgrades.
- Ultimately responsible for maintenance of workstations with support from Network Technician.
- Performs random workstation audits to ensure the Academy’s software and related policies are followed.
- Manage Academy’s VoIP phone system.
- Serves as the primary contact for telecommunications providers.
- Writes technical requests for information and requests for proposals for leading edge technologies; evaluates proposals and negotiates contracts for equipment and systems.
- Contributes to development of annual budgets for the Academy’s technology systems.
- Maintains currency of knowledge with respect to relevant state-of-the-art software and hardware information technology, equipment, and/or systems.
- Supervises Network Technician and Web Developer.
- Conduct and accomplish daily inquiry distribution.
- Post weekly updates and academic announcements as instructed.
- See that all Technology Support Requests are assigned and completed to specifications.
- Act as back up to the Web Developer and Network Technician when required
- Maintain information security policies and practices.
- Additional duties as assigned by the President or his designee to meet the needs of the institution.
Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field. Master’s degree in computer science preferred. One or more of the following certifications desired: A+, Network +CCNA, MSCA. In-depth working knowledge of the following: Microsoft Office, Windows 7, Windows 10, Windows, Windows Server 2016 R2, Windows Server 2012 R2, Active Directory, Microsoft IIS, Microsoft SQL, MySQL, Linux, DNS, WINS, DHCP, SMTP, POP3, VLAN, WEP, WPA, Cisco IOS, Cisco PI, 802.11x, WCAG-508 Compliance, VMWare, VSphere 6, disaster recovery, IT Risk management, and project management.