DESCRIPTION OF THE POSITION:
The Director of the Center of Professional Studies and Continuing Education has the overall responsibility for development, coordination, implementation and administration of all professional studies and continuing education programs both domestically and internationally. These include post-secondary non-degree programs in the Learning Management System (LMS), international programs, domestic partnerships with sport-related organizations and national governing bodies (NGBs), as well as CEU provider programs.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF POSITION:
- Manage all aspects of the continuing education program; includes individual courses, certificate programs, certification programs, the sports diploma programs, and the CEU provider programs. Manage the staff of the Center for Professional Studies and Continuing Education. (CPSCE)
- Develop and manage domestic partnership programs; includes sport-related organizations and national governing bodies.
- Administer and develop the onsite international certification programs (ICSC, ICSM, sports diploma programs) and other sport specialist programs. Includes scheduling and preparation of teaching faculty.
- Ensure recruitment and preparation of faculty members for the Center of Professional Studies and Continuing Education assignments.
- Develop curricula and course content international sport education programs with the assistance of subject matter experts. Insures that said content is both current and appropriate for the delivery site.
- Help prepare and administer the Center of Professional Studies and Continuing Education
- budget for both international and national programs.
- Prepares proposals for services to meet the needs of Academy clients.
- Insures that all post-assignment administrative tasks and associated reporting is completed on a timely basis.
- Develop, monitor, and evaluate the Continuing Education annual and three-year plans.
- Coordinate with Communications on the development of flyers, brochures, press releases, and materials.
- Work with faculty in making revisions to continuing education “stand-alone” courses for cultural appropriateness. Includes textbook recommendations and creating timetables for implementation.
- Audit, review, and evaluate continuing education courses for course effectiveness.
- Coordinate with Instructional Design the migration of courses into the LMS, and to review, update, and enhance courses. Includes migration of parent and stand-alone courses.
- Conduct staff training in the areas of registration, record-keeping, grade postings, and onsite international programs.
- Monitor and revise the Continuing Education Catalog as needed.
- Organize and play host to sport study tour groups primarily from abroad.
- Perform additional duties as assigned consistent with the academic programs of the institution, including online and onsite teaching assignments.
- Any additional duties and special projects as assigned by the President to meet the needs of the institution.
Terminal degree required. Terminal preparation in a sports or sports related area preferred. Previous experience in sports, continuing education, and educational technologies required, preferably at the graduate level. Strong marketing and communication skills are necessary. Experience with program budget creation and oversite is required. Must be skilled with Excel spreadsheets and MS Project. Flexibility to work on occasional evenings and weekends. Successful candidate will have demonstrated success in an achievement-oriented environment.
Job Type: Full-time