International Certification in Sports Management
The sports world is a multi-billion dollar industry that continues to grow and expand at a rapid pace. As new technologies reshape the management and marketing of sports organizations, a diverse and unique skill set is essential for professionals in the industry. Keeping a sports organization strong—whether it is a professional franchise, athletic department, or governing body—requires specialized talent both on and off the field.
Understanding the need for education and training in the area of sport management, the United States Sports Academy has developed the International Certification in Sports Management (ICSM) Program. The Academy’s ICSM Program includes six courses that provide students with the latest advances in the field of sport and presents theoretical and practical approaches to gaining the skills critical for success in the industry. The Academy also offers an International Diploma in Sports Management (IDSM), which adds four additional courses to the ICSM curriculum. For more information on the IDSM, contact the Center for Professional Studies and Continuing Education at email@example.com
The Academy’s sport management programs help students develop their business acumen, administrative proficiency, and leadership abilities with specialized focus on sport management and is ideal for those who desire a more in-depth perspective into the business, administration, and management aspects of sport.
Specialized Program of Study
Goals of the Program
Upon successful completion of this ICSM program, you should be able to:
- Demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to succeed as a sport management professional
- Evaluate global and contemporary issues within the sport management environment
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of business principles and its application to various industries in sport
- Assess key characteristics and trends of the sport business industry
- Demonstrate awareness of organizational, management, and marketing principles that come into operation for sport managers at various levels of responsibility