More than 95 percent of United States Sports Academy alumni say they received a good or excellent education from the Academy and that they would recommend the Academy to friends and colleagues, according the latest Academy alumni survey.
Two-thirds of Academy alumni reported that they are currently working in the field of sport, and more than half say they received a promotion or salary increase upon completing their Academy degree. More than 80 percent of Academy alumni report that they earn more than $40,000 per year.
These data are from the Academy’s recently completed 2016 alumni survey that was conducted over a two-week period in September. The survey polled alumni on a variety of topics related to academic quality and the impact of their Academy education on their lives and careers. The survey is conducted by the Academy’s Institutional Effectiveness Committee to assess the institution’s academic programs and the degree to which they are meeting the needs and expectations of students.
“As America’s Sports University, the United States Sports Academy believes our alumni are the personification of our mission and it is very important that those who pursue their degree from us have the tools and skills to enable them to earn a living and contribute to the sport profession,” said Academy President Dr. T.J. Rosandich.
“We appreciate our alumni who took the time to complete the survey, which will go far in helping us to continue to provide the high quality education our students and alumni expect and deserve,” he added.
“The Academy also thanks our faculty and staff, whose hard work, dedication and attention to the educational needs of our students continue to be the keys to our success.”
The Academy will use the results for planning and institutional assessment. The survey included a multiple choice section, as well an open comment section. Here are some examples of alumni comments:
- “The USSA set me on a path to success. The critical thinking skills and rigorous coursework vaulted me to a position as an assistant athletic director and eventually athletic director … The Academy helped me grow both personally and professionally. What a great experience!”
- “I sincerely appreciate the course scheduling flexibility and the availability of highly qualified professors with expertise in their areas of specialty, as well as the sincere care for the success of the students continuously demonstrated in the ways the professors interacted with students. A culture of superb human interaction from faculty and staff to students!”
- “…. The internship got me a full time staff position at the college where I was doing the internship.”
- “I had completed a master’s degree at another institution prior to attending USSA. The practicality of the education I received from the Academy far exceeded anything I had experienced in my previous graduate program.”
- “I am a head men’s basketball coach … When my players graduate and want to get into the sports field, I always let them know about your program. Great program.”
- “The Sports Academy’s strength to me is its faculty. I found them personable, approachable, and interested in their students’ success.”
- “Being able to call professors and have conversations was very valuable and much appreciated.”
- “I would highly recommend this program to anyone, and I have. As an online student, the people with whom I was in contact were so easy to deal with and very prompt. This was a perfect degree program for me.”
- “The best decision of my professional career was to attend the Academy.”
- “I am very satisfied with my Academy experience and the online delivery which enabled me to continue working and pursue my academic goals.”
- “I am very appreciative of the staff in the Student Service Center. Any questions or problems I have are promptly answered with quick responses through emails or returned phone calls.”
- “The degree got me the job I have today. I am very grateful.”
- “Everyone was friendly and helpful. I have and will continue to recommend your unique brand of education to my students.”
The United States Sports Academy is an independent, non-profit, accredited, special mission Sports University created to serve the nation and world with programs in instruction, research, and service. The role of the Academy is to prepare men and women for careers in the profession of sports. For more information about the Academy, call (251) 626-3303 or visit www.ussa.edu.