The opportunity to use ebooks in United States Sports Academy courses continues to grow, doubling in the past year alone.
Many students say they are fortunate to take an Academy course that is now using an ebook. That’s because ebooks offer many advantages to learning, such as enhanced content like pictures, graphics, video and Internet links to other informational resources.
Here are other ebook benefits:
- Ebooks are delivered almost instantaneously upon student enrollment to wherever you are. Students have the full 16-week period to read and use ebooks for the course.
- Many ebooks have bonus materials that give you the opportunity to enhance the course, which you cannot get in textbooks. These materials will help students better understand and learn the course topics.
- Ebooks offer links for easy access to more information and related websites.
- Ebooks are searchable. You can easily search for any information in an ebook, instead of turning page after page.
- Fonts in ebooks can be resized, making it easier to read for students and people who may have disabilities.
- Ebooks are portable. You can carry hundreds of books with you, on CD, in a laptop, notebook, tablet, smartphone or any ebook reader. And with today’s technology you can read ebooks anywhere.
As technology continues to advance, publishing companies are converting more and more textbooks to ebooks. Ebooks are here to stay. Academy faculty and staff hope you will embrace this exciting educational technology that offers many benefits in students’ pursuit of a degree from the institution.
The United States Sports Academy is an independent, nonprofit, accredited, special mission sports university created to serve the nation and the world with programs in instruction, research and service. The role of the Academy is to prepare men and women for careers in the profession of sports. For more information about the Academy, call 251-626-3303 or visit www.ussa.edu.