Mentorship and Career Opportunity at New Mexico Tech
Sports Management students interested in a mentorship in collegiate eSports, and possibly helping to promote a professional eSport team at the New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology in Socorro, NM, are encouraged to contact Dr. Peter Phaiah, Assistant VPSUR at New Mexico Tech. Resources may be available (room, board, stipend, etc.) for an Academy sports management student who has the interest in and skill-set for this educational and career opportunity.
Contact: Dr. Peter Phaiah
United States Water Fitness Association
The United States Water Fitness Association is a National Non-Profit Educational Organization committed to excellence in educating and promoting Aquatics, including Water Exercise.
Purpose of the Internship
The internship is designed to provide the candidate:
- The opportunity to test classroom theories and techniques.
- The opportunity to evaluate the choice of profession.
- A challenge and a stimulus to learn.
- Assessment of strengths and weaknesses in professional preparation.
- Entry into the workforce as a natural part of the academic process.
Duties and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will:
- Assume responsibility for a major project based on the candidate’s strengths and the organization’s needs.
- Accept responsibility for minor projects that provide hands-on learning experiences.
- Plan, organize, and create new program ideas that will enhance existing programs.
- Assist in the execution of day to day operations/services.
- Learn agency’s proper procedures for office management, phone etiquette, record keeping, and various paperwork.
How To Apply: Vist the USWFA website, http://www.uswfa.com/