Applicants to the Bachelor of Sports Science programs are eligible to transfer equivalent degree level courses from other accredited colleges or universities. All such requests are subject to review and approval as outlined in the catalog.
Complete an online undergraduate admissions application and submit all required documents.
- 60 semester hours or more, up to 90 hours, of transferable credit
- 30 semester hours of general education component (GEC)
- 30 semester hours of electives
- Up to 30 semester hours of sports related courses
- Cumulative 2.0 GPA on all college coursework attempted
The general education requirements consist of the following:
- Six (6) semester hours of English
- Six (6) semester hours of Fine Arts/Humanities
- Six (6) semester hours of Social/Behavioral Sciences
- Six (6) semester hours of Natural Science
- Three (3) semester hours of Mathematics
- Three (3) semester hours of Computer Science
Transfer Request Procedures (Upper-division courses)
- Students interested in upper-division transfer credit must be accepted into the program before the Academy will consider requests. Upper division transfer credit must be approved by the Vice President of Academic Affairs.
- Courses earned at a college or university that utilizes the quarter system will have hours converted to the semester calendar for the purpose of review and, if accepted, transfer.
- A cover letter explaining the request for transfer credit evaluation should be sent to the Dean of Academic Affairs, along with a copy of the official transcripts showing the grade earned, a catalog description of the course, and a copy of the syllabus outlining learning objectives and course content from the term in which the course was completed. In addition, the applicant should specify which of the Academy’s courses the transfer courses may be able to replace.
- In the case of international credits that a student requests to have reviewed for upper-division transfer, students must provide an official transcript and copies of all course syllabi outlining learning objectives and course content in English. If the institution does not produce the syllabi or transcript in English, the student must provide certified copies translated into English.
Transfer of upper-division coursework does not guarantee that transfer will satisfy requirement of a student’s chosen program. Students should check their program of study carefully to determine where any applicable transfer may satisfy degree requirements.
Students transferring without all GEC credit hours may be accepted on a conditional basis. Please visit the catalog for more information on conditional admittance or call the Admissions Office on (800)-223-2668.